Nov 01 2018
Morning Fat Blasting Drink!!
- 1/2 lemon squeezed into 8 oz room temp water or use lemon juice: Buy it HERE
- 1-2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar: Buy it HERE
- 1/8 cayenne pepper: Buy it HERE
I used to drink only lemon water but this is taking it up a notch for me. Drinking this fat blasting drink in the morning☀ first thing ☀has kind of got me addicted. Remember to drink it right when you get up. Last night I actually made this and then had it ready to go in the morning. So many health benefits to combat the Christmas chocolate I just can’t seem to throw away ??
Here is a great breakdown on why this is so important!
Your Morning Fat Blaster
When we awaken in the morning, we are ending a period of fasting that has lasted all night long. The first thing that you consume in the morning is very important and can have a critical impact on our health. Easy absorption on an empty stomach is the main reason. A simple glass of warm water containing cayenne pepper, lemon and apple cider vinegar can have a significant impact on your health. The benefits of this simple drink are extensive and nothing short of amazing. Want to know more about the benefits that you will see from consuming this beverage first thing every morning? Here they are:
- The lemon helps to break up mucus, helping to clear your sinuses that can be a significant benefit for allergy sufferers or those who have a cold or flu. Restoration of the alkaline acid balance in your body which will relieve any issues that you are suffering due your consumption of a diet that is high in acid-producing foods.
- This beverage will help to remove toxins from the body.
- Clears up the skin and gives it a noticeably healthy glow.
- Can help to break down fats in the body which will result in noticeable weight loss.
- This beverage will lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Feeds the liver and detoxifies it at the same time.
- Strengthens the immune system so you do not get sick as often.
- Gives your body a lighter feeling.
- Boosts up the metabolism and gives you more energy to get on with your day.
- Purifies the colon which makes it much easier to improve the digestive process and allow your body to absorb nutrients more easily.
- Colon purification helps to clear up the skin and improve its appearance.
- Can effectively lower high blood pressure. Helps your digestive system and allows you to eliminate waste more regularly and efficiently.
- Pushes your lymph system into balance that can assist with the various daily functions of the body.
- It can also help to fight infection and to balance the body fluids.
Directions For the Fat Blasting Drink:
- Always drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach when you first wake up.
- Stir all of the ingredients together and drink the beverage immediately.
- It is a good idea to drink this concoction through a straw so that you do not get all of the acids on your teeth that can cause damage, especially if you are drinking this every day.
- Don’t eat anything else for 10 – 15 minutes so that you allow your body a chance to absorb all of the ingredients.
- When you first begin drinking this mixture you may find it very tart and difficult to consume. If necessary, add in a teaspoon of honey that will add a little bit of sweetness. As you start to get used to the taste you can start to reduce the honey until you no longer need to add the honey.
- This drink has a lot of major health benefits, and your body is going to appreciate it. You may not like it at first, but once you make it a habit of drinking this daily, you are well on your way to enjoying the health benefits that this elixir provides.
Anyone want to try it with me tomorrow morning? Seriously though, Google the ingredients and you’ll be pleased at what you read. I know a lot of different people have tried it. I actually know a lot that have had success. One of my friends actually did a cleanse with this. The ingredients are a bit different, but people do use this to cleanse the body! So go check it out! This fat blasting drink is no joke!Fill out my online form.
Feb 28 2017
Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato anything is a staple at our house. #friesarelife
I recently had them with my bestie and she actually taught me a thing or two about how to perfect the process. I had to share because they are so EASY!!!
🍟Instead of roasting them in the oven (which you could totally still do) and drizzling oil on top, she cut them thin and misted avocado oil spray on them lightly. Less oil actually made them taste better! Then she put them in the toaster oven because it cooked them fast! Fresh herbs sprinkled on top like rosemary 🌿 and a little pink sea salt made them 👌🏻
The dip was Mayo (we use vegenaise), creole seasoning and siracha #holyyum
These have to be one of the most delicious healthy snacks you can have! Are you going to make some sweet potato fries this week, too? 🍟Fill out my online form.
Oct 17 2016
My Favorite Pumpkin Muffins
Let’s talk about all the reasons we love pumpkin. It’s a clean, natural, low-calorie ingredient that can be used in both savory and sweet dishes. These pumpkin muffins are surprisingly a healthy treat!!!
Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
2 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1½ cups almond flour
¾ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare nine muffin cups by lining with muffin tin liners or coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
7. Spoon batter into each prepared muffin cup, filling a little less than ½ full.
8. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp. cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Evenly fill muffin cups ¾ full with remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle muffins evenly with pumpkin seeds.
10. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Transfer pumpkin muffins to rack; cool.
You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered almonds in food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
If you can’t find almond flour in your store, you can look at club stores or online.
Let me know when you try these delicious pumpkin muffins. They are a family favorite! They will fill you up, so are perfect for breakfast or a quick healthy snack!
(Courtesy of Beachbody Blog)
Jul 07 2016
Delicious Healthy Snack!
My healthy snack for the morning. I could never do food art. You should see how mutilated this poor apple is underneath the almond butter?.
- Granny Smith Green Apple
- Trader Joe’s Almond Butter
- Cut the apple in half and added a teaspoon of almond butter to each half
My tracker app is all updated so I can keep track all of my containers for the day. ?◀️
Jul 05 2016
Healthy Trail Mix!
My all time favorite snack mix! This trail mix is where it’s at!
Maybe because it has dark chocolate in it, or maybe because I know the exact ingredients?? 😉
Homemade Recipe for Trail Mix:
- Organic Dark Chocolate
- Organic Almonds
- Organic Tart Cherries
Very difficult to make! 😉 I have made myself get in the habit of checking all ingredients before I throw something in my cart! Most dried fruit have preservatives (aka toxins) on them and the more toxins in our bodies, the harder it is to lose weight. The great part that I love the most is that my kids love it. I don’t add a ton of chocolate in there, but enough to make everyone happy. We as a family eat a lot of almonds, they are a great healthy source of fat. The pairing with dried tart cherries are something we have consistently, then when the dark chocolate is added, it becomes a really delicious treat!
Jun 29 2016
? Cucumber Salad ?
Two small cucumbers drizzled with aged balsamic (because it’s sweeter) and topped with two chopped basil leaves. So easy to make and refreshing!!!
Apr 26 2016
What is Beachbody On Demand?
Don’t like DVDs? Me either! Which is why I LOVE Beachbody on Demand so much! BOD is a new feature from Team Beachbody where you can stream Beachbody’s many proven fitness programs. Premium team members can work out anywhere, anytime when they stream the Beachbody workouts. Ultimately it offers you unlimited access and a one-stop shop to hundreds of awesome workouts.
You can access On Demand through a web browser or through the Beachbody On Demand app/channel on supported devices. To access on a web browser, simply log into club.teambeachbody.com and sign in, or sign up.
How Much Does It Cost?
- $39.95 for 90 days access (weekly breakdown of just $2.99)
- 30-day free trial!
What is Included?
- Dozens of Beachbody workouts
- 10% discount on future purchases in the Team Beachbody store
- Meal plans customized for your unique lifestyle and goals
- VIP access to celebrity trainers and experts, including live chats
- Your own personal coach for one-on-one guidance and support
- Message boards and chat rooms for answers to all your questions
What Programs Are Included?
- Member Library The fitness programs available to stream under the Member Library section currently include: P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity, TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift, Ten Minute Trainer, ChaLEAN Extreme, INSANITY: The Asylum (Vol 1), INSANITY: The Asylum (Vol 2), Tony One-on-One (vol 1), Tony One-on-One (vol 2), Tony One-on-One (vol 3), Hip Hop Abs, Hip Hop Abs Deluxe, Tai Cheng, Rev Abs, Rockin Body, Shaun T Dance Party, Turbo Jam, Total Body Solution, Yoga Booty Ballet, Ho’ Ala ke Kino, Power Half Hour, Great Body Guaranteed, Get on the Ball, Power 90 and Project You, Slim in 6, Slim Series Express, Slim Series, Brazil Butt Lift Master Series and ChaLEAN Extreme Deluxe. Also included are Niche Workouts by Sagi Kalev, Autumn Calabrese, Joel Freeman, Jericho McMatthews and Tony Horton. They are added monthly and only available in the On Demand Member Library. Check out Leandro Carvalho’s new exclusive On Demand workouts Carnivale & the 4 Active Maternity workouts for new & expectant mothers (see NICHE WORKOUTS & TRAINER Q&A below for details).
- Purchased Programs Allows Premium Club members to stream DVD programs they have purchased from Beachbody, Team Beachbody, or the Beachbody Amazon storefront, if available. Programs available to stream after purchase under Purchased Programs currently include: 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Body Beast, Focus T25, Insanity MAX:30, P90, PiYo, The Master’s Hammer and Chisel, CIZE, CIZE: The Next Level and 22 Minute Hard Corps. And, for a limited time, buy the Digital Unlock for Body Beast, Cize, or Focus T25 to gain On Demand streaming access without DVD purchase (for details, view FAQ 1282).
- Premium Content
& Sample Workouts Premium Content programs are Purchase Programs that a Club Member has not yet purchased either as a DVD or a Digital Unlock. Sample workouts (previously “Sneak Peek”) are available to stream, and can be found on each Premium Content program page. Sample workouts available to stream currently include: 21 Day Fix: Total Body Cardio, 21 Day Fix Extreme: Plyo, Body Beast: Total Body, PiYo: Sweat, Insanity Max:30: Sweat Int., P90: Sculpt A, Focus T25: Alpha Cardio, CIZE: Work Your Body, Hammer and Chisel: Iso Speed Hammer, and Hammer and Chisel: Total Body Chisel.
- Challenge Du Jour A daily rotation of workouts selected from different programs in the Beachbody Catalogue, as well as new monthly workouts performed by Beachbody Live Master Trainers exclusive to Beachbody On Demand. The rotation of workouts is carefully chosen to create an overall balanced fitness regimen. Master Trainer Challenge Du Jour is a special Challenge Du Jour that is always available. Master Trainer CDJ can be accessed through the Challenge Du Jour or Master Trainer pages.
Workout Anytime Anywhere:
One of the greatest perks of Beachbody on Demand is the fact that you can stream workouts from virtually any device such as web-enabled laptops, tablets, and even mobile devices. This adds so much opportunity in terms of where you get your workout on! And yes, it even works internationally!
Ready to sign up for the Beachbody On Demand membership? CLICK HERE to get started!
Apr 11 2016
? •Acai Bowl•?
This in an incredible way to treat yourself! Call it a smoothie in a bowl or a healthy version of ice cream (nice cream) hehe?
You can literally blend anything you want with it. I used frozen blueberries and cherries. Toppings range from homemade granola, shredded coconut, chia seeds (for healthy fats and protein), sliced bananas-gosh anything that sounds good.
This is my first attempt so I might blend with more ice to make it thicker next time. I bought the Sambazon packets(which are the acai berries) from Costco to store in the freezer! Apparently, you can buy these bowls pre made all over Cali which is just another reason why I should live there☀? Any good suggestions for one?#acaibowl
Feb 21 2016
Have You Ever Wondered, When to Drink Shakeology?
When to drink Shakeology? It is more of a common question than you might think. With a meal replacement like Shakeology, that has so many advantages, you want to make sure that you might be consuming it at the proper time so as to maximize those advantages! The true answer is, there is no correct time because it totally depends on your specific schedule and the needs you have in your nutrition.
Here Are Your Choices For When To Drink Shakeology
Most the time, t works good for me to drink Shakeology an hour and a half or so after breakfast. It offers me a ton of energy for the rest of the day. It allows me to be sustained till lunch and keeps my mind sharp. It’s essential to notice that though Shakeology is a meal substitute, you can actually drink it at any time outside of your three main meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The comfort of the drink is what makes this meal alternative so efficient!
Shakeology is an outstanding meal replacement that’s made up of over 70+ superfood components to help you drop a few pounds, increase vitality and immunity, improve digestion and regularity, and it may well even lower your cholesterol. My husband’s cholesterol went from 230 to 150 in 6 months. That was also with working out consistently, as well as eating healthy in addition to Shakeology. It is not a magical pill or something that happens overnight. It is about consistency. It slowly helps in getting your body balanced.
is shakeology a good pre workout?
Pre Exercise – With regards to a pre workout, you COULD use Shakeology… but I do not. My husband has a scoop of it when he wakes up early. He has that, waits 15 minutes and then has Energize, the pre workout that both Matt and I have daily. It is great for energy and getting your body going, but truly isn’t made to be a pre workout.
Can Shakeology be a good Post Workout Recovery Drink?
Post Workout Recovery -Directly after my workout I used to have Shakeology, a banana and some L-Glutamine. That gave me protein, carbs and what not, but I definitely still get sore. What I now have, most recently is a Beachbody Performance Line supplement called Recover. I have this ready to go and take it as soon as I’m done with my workout. Then, about 30 minutes later, I will make my Shakeology. I hardly get sore when I have the combo. I will say, there are days that my workouts and the timing of Shakeology don’t coincide. I also share it with my kiddos. So if I can’t get my workout in before the kids wake up, I have it regardless for breakfast.
So it’s not so much of a problem of when to drink Shakeology, but what time of the day is the best time FOR YOU! It is a meal replacement, especially for a woman, so feel free to have it when you feel sapped for energy. I have some friends and clients that love it during the mid afternoon. That time of the day when you might start feeling lethargic. So, know that you are getting the most healthy meal of the day when you drink Shakeology!
Feb 20 2016
Chicken Crockpot Perfection – One of my Easy Chicken Recipes!
Using the crockpot…can be a mom’s best friend especially when it comes to chicken recipes. This is one of my go to’s for my family! I have so many ideas now and had to share what I think might be the BEST recipe ever!
It takes only 4 hrs! You have to save this in your back pocket. You can thank me later 😉
Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken Drumsticks
8 skinless drumsticks
1/4 cup pure Maple syrup
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp garlic salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Combine maple, balsamic, and Dijon in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over the legs, making sure the chicken is covered. Set to high 4 hrs and viola. Heaven on your plate!