Aug 03 2018
21 Day Fix Meal – Food Made Easy!
21 Day Fix Meal
When I started looking at food for FUEL instead of ENTERTAINMENT, that’s when my game changed and this 21 Day Fix meal is perfect. Food has always been a trigger. I had no real control of my portions, I had no control of what I was eating in general. I ate “healthy” food while I was out and about, but would have a ton of dressing, or fries….when those can be the most damaging items for my transformation. Maintaining consistency and moderation were the two essential keys to see change, that would last.
I get to think of my meals in colors now, thanks to these handy-dandy-portion-control containers. I can eat a variety of meals and still have daily balance. Eating out is easy now because I can eyeball what my portions should be. ???? Knowing what you should do is most the battle we fight. That was my main problem….I thought I was doing it right and yet I saw hardly any improvements. I am not talking weight either; I am talking inches, pants fitting better, more energy and attitude change! These are the portions I had with this 21 Day Fix meal.
1 Red (cod)
1 Yellow (organic brown rice)
1 Green (broccoli)
For my specific plan in the 21 Day Fix Extreme guide, I get 3 greens a day, 4 reds and 2 yellows. Some other colors too ???but you can tell that losing weight does not mean starving yourself. It’s actually quite the opposite. So many women I talk to feel they need to eat less to accomplish their goals! This is so far from the truth, most the time!
Finally, if you are looking for more recipes, Fixate is a great recipe book. It has a ton of meal plans and gives you the container amounts you need. I recommend it for any 21 Day Fix meal plans you might want to make. And when you get to use your daughter’s princess salt and pepper, everything tastes better ?
Dishwasher Cuisine: Eco-Friendly Way To Cook Inside The Dishwasher!
Did you know that `dishwasher cuisine’ is not just a possibility, but a verified method of eco-friendly cooking that is currently taking Italy by storm? And not even in an empty dishwasher – but in a fully loaded one, with dirty utensils and soap. The idea of food being prepared in a dishwasher is a bit hard to digest, like a wet pair of sneakers being dried off in a microwave, but if you stop to think about it, the whole thing does make some sort of absurd sense.
Every time you turn on your dishwasher, the appliance is using 1800 watts of electricity on an average to heat the water for cleaning. So why not throw in some airtight containers or food vacuum bags with couscous, fish, veal, fruits etc and let them cook at the same time? Imagine how much prepping it will save before meals, you won’t have to use your stove or oven, and you’ll get clean dishes, glasses, bowls and cutlery in the bargain.
It’s certainly an eco-aware way to maximize use of energy and minimizing time spent in the kitchen, and by all accounts, the food comes out tasting really good.
Ask Milan’s cook-cum-environmental-campaigner Lisa Casali, whose bestselling book Cucinare In Lavastoviglie (‘Cooking In The Dishwasher’) is converting thousands of Italians into enthusiastic dishwasher chefs.
Lisa struck on this idea 7 years ago, when she began experimenting in her own kitchen with recipes that could be executed in airtight containers while the appliance was in cycle.
“Cooking and the environment are my greatest passions, and it really was a spontaneous urge to combine these two ingredients together,” says Lisa. “Just as if I were creating a new dish.”
Besides her obsession with dishwasher cooking, Lisa also propagates the nutritional value of so much precious food we throw out as scraps.
She has 4 books to her credit and Ecocucinaen, a website where she journals her efforts in this unexplored, new culinary field.
And once you get over the gnawing mental visual of your dinner in a jar, bathing in wave after wave of soapy water with pasta particles and meat morsels floating past, you too might discover Lisa’s pioneering new world of cuisine that is quick, nutritious and a conversation piece.
* If you’re inspired by Lisa’s cooking philosophy, you can buy her book Cucinare In Lavastoviglie (Cooking In The Dishwasher) right here.
Mar 22 2017
Mason Jar Salad Recipes For Healthy Office Lunches
Mason jar Salad
The fabulous thing about a Mason Jar Salad is that you can prepare a whole batch in advance. Do the prepping on a Sunday, and you’re assured of a fresh, healthy meal for lunch for the next 5 days. Mix up the recipes, so there’s a surprise in store every day. And enjoy the goodness of a fresh salad that hasn’t wilted or turned soggy because you fixed it several days ago.
Here are some great recipes for Mason Jar Salads to get you inspired. Remember to choose wide-mouthed, glass canning jars for this purpose, as they are easier to load and shake out. Pint-sized jars are great for individual-sized portions. Use quart-sized jars for a larger lunch, or if you’ve got a lot of extra, fun, toppings. For a shared office lunch, go for the 2-quart jars.
Also, remember to fill the jars from heavy to light, wet to dry, and the dressing always goes in first.
5 Mason Jar Salad Recipes For A Week’s Worth Of Office Meals
# MONDAY: Pomegranate And Pear Salad
• Nutrition (Serves 2): 347 calories, 28.1 g fat, 5.7 g sat fat, 234 mg sodium, 21.9 g carbs, 4.9 g fiber, 11.3 g sugar, 6.3 g protein (calculated with 1 oz blue cheese, 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil). Get recipe from: Fake Food Free
# TUESDAY: Tropical Sriracha Chicken Mason Jar Salad
• Nutrition (Serves 4): 471 calories, 33.6 g fat, 6.2 g sat fat, 556 mg sodium, 20.4 g carbs, 5.6 g fiber, 11.9 g sugar, 24.2 g protein (factoring in all the marinade). Get recipe from: The Healthy Maven.
# WEDNESDAY: Rainbow Mason Jar Salad With Avocado Hummus
• Nutrition (Serves 1): 473 calories, 32.7 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 276 mg sodium, 43.8 g carbs, 12 g fiber, 7.3 g sugar, 15 g protein (calculated with 1 tablespoon avocado hummus). Get the recipe from: Oh My Veggies.
# THURSDAY: Cucumber Noodle Mason Jar Salad
• Nutrition (Serves 1): 578 calories, 42 g fat, 7.2 g sat fat, 56 mg sodium, 65 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 16.5 g sugar, 10.6 g protein (calculated with 2 Tbsp dressing, 2 tablespoons chopped raw cashews). Get the recipe from: Nosh And Nourish.
# FRIDAY: Thai Shrimp Mason Jar Salad With Almond Dressing
• Nutrition (Serves 6): 313 calories, 21.7 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 322 mg sodium, 16.9 g carbs, 4.6 g fiber, 5.2 g sugar, 17.7 g protein (calculated with no sea salt). Get the recipe from: Against All Grain.
Mar 10 2017
Is Your Food Plate Color Making You Put On Weight?
Food Plate Color
Food Plate Color seems like a ridiculous notion, right? Did you just eat a large lunch? Did you eat it off that bright red food plate you love using for everyday meals? Did the small portion of food you served yourself look so yummy, that you had to have a second helping? OMG! You just failed your diet resolution – and the culprit wasn’t even your lack of willpower!
It was that red food plate color. No, really, it could well be the reason why your compulsion to binge got the better of you. And you overate without even realizing it.
But the good news is this: once you know the secret of appetite-suppressing colors, you won’t be tempted in quite the same way again. You’ll keep the hunger-inducing red/green/turquoise plates and bowls for other occasions, and eat your daily meals off crockery that do not encourage a hearty appetite.
If you’re aware of color therapy, you know that colors have a strong, subconscious impact on our emotions and feelings. In the same way, colors can also tempt us or repel us from the idea of food. So, here’s a list of colors you should keep in mind when you’re shopping for everyday crockery. Maybe, you can even buy a single set of plates and bowls in any of these colors if you’re the only one dieting in the family.
BLUE: IT IS COLD AND UNAPPETIZING
Blue has an overall calming effect on our moods, and by that same token, it `cools’ our reckless urge to overeat. In a study conducted with 3 sets of participants served their meals in blue, red and yellow rooms, the ones in the blue room consumed 33% less food than in the other two.
You may have noticed some stores carry refrigerators with blue lights inside to reduce the compulsion to snack. Color therapists often suggest painting a kitchen in blue if a family is dealing with weight issues. But a much easier way to involve this color with your food habits is by using blue food plates.
Aesthetically, blue looks gorgeous on dishes, platters and bowls, and its appetite-suppressing qualities can be your own little secret…
PURPLE: IT IS NOT A ‘FOODIE’ COLOR
Purple is a strong, spiritual color that feeds the imagination and provokes high thinking. But it rarely occurs in the physical plane or in natural foods. Besides eggplants, purple cabbage and some grapes, there aren’t many vegetables and fruits that are purple.
Therefore, purple is not a shade our subconscious generally associates with tastiness, and our response to food served on purple plates lack that extra eagerness to satisfy a physical desire such as overeating.
GRAY: SUGGESTS OPPOSITE OF FRESHNESS
When was the last time you said: “I’m really craving something deliciously gray to eat”? Possibly, never. Our general perception is that foodstuff turn gray when they lose their freshness.
The color, though neutral in its psychological properties, has a dampening effect on all other colors around it.
With none of the juiciness of green or the brightness of red/orange, all gray does is kill appetite and take the vibes of excitement out of eating.
Which is great news for weight watchers!
BLACK: ASSOCIATES WITH ROT AND DECAY food plate Color
Black is a color we subliminally associate with rot. When foodstuff is not merely past its sell-by date (that would be gray) but when the actual process of decomposition has set in, we expect things in nature turn a morbid black.
Serving food on black plates is pleasing to the eye, and therefore it’s great for entertaining etc., but the color will not do much to encourage our appetite if used on plates we eat off everyday.
The heaviness of black will absorb all the energy coming towards you, and that includes sensations of tastefulness and corresponding hunger as well.
BROWN: BLUNTs FOOD CRAVINGS
This is a surprising one because you’d expect brown – the color of fresh baked bread, steaks, chocolate etc. – to increase our desire to eat. But not so, say researchers, when the color is used as a backdrop for food to be served in.
The lack of energy in this dark, sluggish shade slows down the pace of eating, which gives the brain enough time to transmit sensations of fullness and therefore curb overeating.
In conclusion, food plate color can contribute to a lot of potential goods and bads in our psyche while eating. So, think about these little extras that could be contributing to you having those cravings!! Be careful and choose wisely!
Dec 27 2016
Join the Health Bet…and see how you can get the All-Access Beachbody on Demand challenge pack!
What Is The All Access Beachbody On Demand Challenge Pack & Membership?
Team Beachbody launched a brand new option for its customers and coaches called the All-Access Beachbody On Demand Challenge Pack. It’s an insane value and will change your whole mindset on fitness!! Check this out!
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPZwer8t9E” align=”center”/]
There are now more options than ever to have access to the tools that can help you achieve the look and feel that you want! I discovered Team Beachbody when I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago. I decided to start a program called TurboFire after I had him because I knew I needed something to give me energy and get my body back in shape after two pregnancies. It seriously kicked my BUTT and it totally changed my life. Every afternoon when the kiddos were napping (or no napping) I would pop in my DVD, move the ottoman from in front of the couch and workout. I learned how to eat clean through my coach and our challenge group. I found support in other women who were also setting goals and wanting more for their families. I was forever changed because of the accountability and daily nutrition I found in my simple meal, Shakeology. This whole experience that I now get to pay forward to you, has changed the course of my family’s culture in more ways than I can even start to describe.
So here’s what is happening!!!
Last week, the CEO of Team Beachbody Carl Daikeler announced a new option for anyone to take advantage of. The Annual All-Access Beachbody On Demand Challenge Pack & Membership which provides total access to every program available on Beachbody ON Demand, plus future releases. So that means that every single program Beachbody has ever created from P90X, Turbofire, Insanity, 10 Minute Trainer to new ones like Cize, T25, 22 Minute Hard Corps, Hammer and Chisel, Insanity Max30, 21 Day Fix and Fix Extreme, Core De Force and more are on a digital library you can access plus anything new that Beachbody releases you get INSTANT access at no additional charge for an entire 12 months. That is incredible!!!! Starting on December 27th you will be able to purchase either an annual membership or the Annual All Access Beachbody On Demand + Shakeology Challenge Pack. This is an incredible opportunity for me to help you get even better results.
WHY is this so Awesome?
I love the All Access Challenge Pack because it gives you:
- 1 Year Membership to Beachbody On Demand (BOD) with all content included, plus future releases.
- Shakeology (choice of 30-day supply on home direct)
- Portion Fix (includes 7 piece portion control container system, eating guide, large blue container and shaker cup)
- Business Starter Kit Waived if you choose the coach enrollment option.
- You get all of this for $199 for the entire year (12 months) and there is no monthly fee.
The points I listed above is worth thousands of dollars and for 12 months you are getting access to everything that Beachbody has ever created plus anything new through the year. That is awesome but the real reason I am excited is this. You can purchase this pass and together we can choose to start with, for example, 21 Day Fix. You can complete 21 Days of the program, at the end of the 21 days we can have a discussion around what program you are going to do next. What your goals are, what you have already accomplished and how we can help to tweak your plan to get you results. Maybe after the 21 day fix you decide you want to add in more cardio. We can move over to T25 or Core De Force as the next program. Or let’s say you have an injury that is preventing you from completing the 21 Day Fix, we can switch programs and move over to the 3 week yoga retreat until you are feeling well enough to go back to your T25 workout. The key here is you now have options that help YOU achieve YOUR goals. We can continually tweak and change your plan so that you do not lose momentum and drive. We don’t want you getting bored and we want YOU to get the results you’re after.
Each fitness program through BOD has the calendar of workouts and what to do when. Each program has a nutrition guide you can download and tracking sheets!! This is not about just starting and completing 1 program, it is about moving through each stage of your journey and entering into a lifestyle of proper nutrition and fitness.
The most important part of this whole thing is the SUPPORT! Sure, anyone can just buy a program, but where you see most people getting results is when they have a community of support around them helping them to get results! That is where the magic truly happens!
I used to go to the gym and do a machine for 25 minutes and then wander around ending up doing a few weight machines and crunches. It took so much time to drive there and I had no clue what I was doing. The time, money and frustration it caused me is the main reason this smart fitness has turned my life around. I don’t have to come up with anything new, I simply follow the plan and it works!!! No more fad diets, I drink my superfoods daily and push play, I love it!!!!
So this year is YOUR year! If you are like me and you need structure, support, guidance and accountability then I can tell you this will work.
YOU are invited and I know this can change your life like it has mine!
I am starting our “Renew and Refocus” Group that will be run through the Beachbody Challenge Tracker App. You will set realistic and achievable goals, log your workouts, your nutrition and Shakeology daily through our app based program and I will be there 24/7 to provide support, accountability, guidance, recipes and meal planning to make this a lasting lifestyle change.
What is the cost of the All-Access Beachbody On Demand Challenge Pack & Membership?
- The Annual All Access Beachbody On Demand Challenge Pack is $199
- The Annual All Access Beachbody On Demand Membership is $99.95 and that does not include Shakeology & the portion containers.
- If you are an existing Beachbody On Demand Customer you will HAVE to cancel your current membership by calling customer service at 1800-470-7870 and canceling and then you will be price adjusted accordingly. Then, you can complete this form to upgrade to the all access subscription. www.BODMembershipChange.com You cannot do this until the 27th of December when it is launched.
- If you live in Canada your All Access Beachbody On Demand Membership is $99.
- If you live in Canada your All Access Beachbody On Demand + Shakeology Challenge Pack is $239.
- You can also choose the Beachbody on Demand Kick Start Challenge Pack which includes the 3 day refresh, which is truly the BEST option to start fresh, cleanse and get on the path to success in the new year and that is $239 US and $277 Canadian.
- If you already have Beachbody on Demand you can upgrade to the annual all access membership for $99.
Who Can buy this Challenge Pack??
- If you are an existing customer you can cancel your current On Demand and get this option.
- If you are a new customer or coach you can utilize this option as well.
- It is for EVERYONE which is awesome!
When can I buy this Challenge Pack?? It’s available December 27th! Fill out this Form below and I will be contacting you within 24 hours!Fill out my online form.
Jul 07 2016
Healthy Snack! Apple and Almond Butter!
Delicious Healthy Snack!
My healthy snack for the morning. I could never do food art. You should see how mutilated this poor apple is underneath the almond butter?.
- Granny Smith Green Apple
- Trader Joe’s Almond Butter
- Cut the apple in half and added a teaspoon of almond butter to each half
My tracker app is all updated so I can keep track all of my containers for the day. ?◀️
Feel free to follow my daily life on Facebook. I try to stay current in my blog, but I have a lot of daily motivation on Facebook!
Jul 01 2016
Roasted Broccoli to Die For!!
? Roasted Broccoli ?
Omg! Why have I not tried this sooner? We all loved it! Did you know roasting veggies brings out the natural sugars? From a former candy addict, this is GOOD news ? !!!
I coated it in avocado oil and sprinkled it with garlic powder, salt, & onion powder. Then baked at 375 for about 30 minutes. The perfect side dish. I added some purple cauliflower we found at Metropolitan Market, making it even more delicious.
Have you tried this before?
Apr 26 2016
WHAT IS BEACHBODY ON DEMAND?
What is Beachbody On Demand?
Don’t like DVDs? Me either! Which is why I LOVE Beachbody on Demand so much! BOD is a new feature from Team Beachbody where you can stream Beachbody’s many proven fitness programs. Premium team members can work out anywhere, anytime when they stream the Beachbody workouts. Ultimately it offers you unlimited access and a one-stop shop to hundreds of awesome workouts.
How Does a Premium Club Member Get to Beachbody On Demand?
You can access On Demand through a web browser or through the Beachbody On Demand app/channel on supported devices. To access on a web browser, simply log into club.teambeachbody.com and sign in, or sign up.
How Much Does It Cost?
- $39.95 for 90 days access (weekly breakdown of just $2.99)
- 30-day free trial!
What is Included?
- Dozens of Beachbody workouts
- 10% discount on future purchases in the Team Beachbody store
- Meal plans customized for your unique lifestyle and goals
- VIP access to celebrity trainers and experts, including live chats
- Your own personal coach for one-on-one guidance and support
- Message boards and chat rooms for answers to all your questions
What Programs Are Included?
- Member Library The fitness programs available to stream under the Member Library section currently include: P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity, TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift, Ten Minute Trainer, ChaLEAN Extreme, INSANITY: The Asylum (Vol 1), INSANITY: The Asylum (Vol 2), Tony One-on-One (vol 1), Tony One-on-One (vol 2), Tony One-on-One (vol 3), Hip Hop Abs, Hip Hop Abs Deluxe, Tai Cheng, Rev Abs, Rockin Body, Shaun T Dance Party, Turbo Jam, Total Body Solution, Yoga Booty Ballet, Ho’ Ala ke Kino, Power Half Hour, Great Body Guaranteed, Get on the Ball, Power 90 and Project You, Slim in 6, Slim Series Express, Slim Series, Brazil Butt Lift Master Series and ChaLEAN Extreme Deluxe. Also included are Niche Workouts by Sagi Kalev, Autumn Calabrese, Joel Freeman, Jericho McMatthews and Tony Horton. They are added monthly and only available in the On Demand Member Library. Check out Leandro Carvalho’s new exclusive On Demand workouts Carnivale & the 4 Active Maternity workouts for new & expectant mothers (see NICHE WORKOUTS & TRAINER Q&A below for details).
- Purchased Programs Allows Premium Club members to stream DVD programs they have purchased from Beachbody, Team Beachbody, or the Beachbody Amazon storefront, if available. Programs available to stream after purchase under Purchased Programs currently include: 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Body Beast, Focus T25, Insanity MAX:30, P90, PiYo, The Master’s Hammer and Chisel, CIZE, CIZE: The Next Level and 22 Minute Hard Corps. And, for a limited time, buy the Digital Unlock for Body Beast, Cize, or Focus T25 to gain On Demand streaming access without DVD purchase (for details, view FAQ 1282).
- Premium Content
& Sample Workouts Premium Content programs are Purchase Programs that a Club Member has not yet purchased either as a DVD or a Digital Unlock. Sample workouts (previously “Sneak Peek”) are available to stream, and can be found on each Premium Content program page. Sample workouts available to stream currently include: 21 Day Fix: Total Body Cardio, 21 Day Fix Extreme: Plyo, Body Beast: Total Body, PiYo: Sweat, Insanity Max:30: Sweat Int., P90: Sculpt A, Focus T25: Alpha Cardio, CIZE: Work Your Body, Hammer and Chisel: Iso Speed Hammer, and Hammer and Chisel: Total Body Chisel.
- Challenge Du Jour A daily rotation of workouts selected from different programs in the Beachbody Catalogue, as well as new monthly workouts performed by Beachbody Live Master Trainers exclusive to Beachbody On Demand. The rotation of workouts is carefully chosen to create an overall balanced fitness regimen. Master Trainer Challenge Du Jour is a special Challenge Du Jour that is always available. Master Trainer CDJ can be accessed through the Challenge Du Jour or Master Trainer pages.
Workout Anytime Anywhere:
One of the greatest perks of Beachbody on Demand is the fact that you can stream workouts from virtually any device such as web-enabled laptops, tablets, and even mobile devices. This adds so much opportunity in terms of where you get your workout on! And yes, it even works internationally!
Ready to sign up for the Beachbody On Demand membership? CLICK HERE to get started!
Apr 13 2016
The LOVE/HATE Relationship of Food Prep!
•I Love Food Prep • I Hate Food Prep•
Okay maybe I hate food prep a little more than I want to admit, but it’s so worth having it done. I’m happy when I have fast healthy choices for me and the family.
Here’s what I just did:
✅ Cut and washed the romaine and kale.
✅ Cooked two types of organic sausages.
✅ Prepped the taco meat and used one package ground turkey mixed with one package ground turkey breast.
✅ Baked paleo pumpkin muffins for the kids breakfast and before bed snack if they are begging for more food ? (recipe on my Instagram)
Here’s our menu for the week:
Tuesday: Roasted brussel sprouts and almond flour breaded chicken tenders with Fixate Cookbook, honey mustard dressing dip
Wednesday: Kale salad and sausages
Thursday: Udi’s GF cheese pizza (my late work night) with green beans
Friday: Sweet potato fries and leftovers of their choice. We usually do popcorn for our movie night, too!
Now to enjoy my strawberry, goat cheese, walnut salad..???#phew#foodprep
Apr 12 2016
Transformation Tuesday! Talk about Weight Loss!!
Transformation Tuesday! Are you Kidding ME?!!!!!
My girl, Jenn Anderson, has gone crazy and done 4 rounds of 21 Day Fix and has been having Shakeology daily. This is the result! Consistency is the key with the right tools. No crazy diet, just moderation and eating the right food daily. Way to go Jenn!! Here’s what she had to say:
“4th round in the books!!!! Honestly this one is a little emotional for me! I CANNOT believe that’s me in my before pic! I wanted to keep wearing the same clothes to show the difference and now my shirt is baggy!!!!!!! UNREAL! Listen, I DID NOT want to start this program! I thought I would fail! Thought I was “happy” eating whatever and not subscribing to “skinny culture”. I still don’t subscribe to that…however I had no idea how bad I felt. How much of my health was being compromised! I feel like my real self is being restored everyday! SO THANKFUL! If you’re at all curious about joining me, DON’T WAIT!!! Seriously, you won’t regret it!” ~Jenn A. Anderson
Jenn, you are an inspiration to all women, and especially to us moms! Thanks for sharing and motivating us to keep pushing!