Nov 03 2016
Collagen, where have you been all my life?!!
As an esthetician, I am always looking for ways to help my skin. The crazy part is that I found the most unique way of helping your skin, while trying to heal my gut.
I’ve had a lot of stomach issues and skin issues throughout my life. I think not knowing I had a gluten allergy for most my life has really had a compounding affect on my body. So, as I have been working to heal myself, I am in a constant state of learning.
I have consistently been making bone broth and then having collagen. The exact brand is Great Lakes Collagen. Who knew it would not only help my gut, but really help my skin! It has been awesome! I make my own bone broth, but I also buy bone broth at the grocery store as a supplement.
Mar 04 2016
Oh the journey!! My social media family has grown tremendously over the last few months. I thought it was time to share a little more about me – the good, weird & ugly.
I’ve seen an incredible amount of personal growth & business growth over the past 3 years. My team is growing by leaps and bounds this year and I couldn’t be more proud. I wanted to share a little more about me or remind some of you what my passions are.
It isn’t all perfect … not even close! I’m a REAL person.
* I grew up a very insecure person
* At the age of 12, I was told by a relative that I might be cute on the outside but as soon as I opened my mouth, nothing important came out
* I met Jesus at age 12 but didn’t surrender my life to Him until I was 23
* Really “meeting” Him was the pivotal moment that changed the course of my life forever. He heals my hurts and loves on me daily.
* I had a pony named Partner growing up and learned how to french braid on his tail. Growing up on 5 acres with all sorts of animals was so fun!
* I dabbled with drugs and the party scene until I met Jesus. Smoked cigarettes for over 5 years until I was 23 and then quit cold turkey
*On my 13th birthday I ate almost a whole bulk container of Sour Patch Kids and every Christmas it was a bulk container of Jelly Belly’s
* I’ve since traded dried fruit for my old “gummy” addiction and feel tons better
* I am very sensitive to foods and finally realized I was gluten-intolerant after having my second baby. I won’t touch the stuff.
* There have been times where I’ve struggled with depression and secluding myself into a shell. Exercise is the BEST drug for me to combat this
* I am learning how to have a “thicker skin” and ONLY look at the positive in life
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
* I do not have a college degree
* I’m addicted to spray tans
* I’m a makeup artist and esthetician by trade but have become literally obsessed with helping women feel beautiful from the inside out with health and fitness
* Working at Nordstrom for 8 years left me with a nice appetite for all things beautiful #shopping
* I’m an “outgoing” introvert and have a fierce phobia of microphones
* I had my heart broken at 19 and I went from one unsuccessful relationship to the next… always missing something…
* I had to take a year off from dating (I’ve been on more blind dates than one person should ever go on) to let Jesus come into my heart and heal it
* I ironically met my husband on a blind date ;)* I was in debt when I got married and never thought I would make a decent income….was used to living paycheck to paycheck
* We’ve been married 10 years and I adore my man! Being a wife and mom is the BEST thing ever to me
*Having a girl and a boy is what I’ve always dreamed of. Love their personalities and snuggles.
* I love working to help support my family and also grow as a person so I can teach my kiddos about failing forward and how to push past tough obstacles
* I’m not a certified fitness trainer but I love helping women find their inner confidence through their physical strength
* I get excited to coach other women build successful businesses from home so they can have freedom to choose if they want to work outside of the home or not
* I love working with those that stay in the game….the consistent ones who will not give up
…. because – that – is – me!!
I am NO longer that shy insecure girl but a CONQUEROR! That is ALL because of what Jesus has done in my life…. all the way down to Beachbody. He knew I needed this business so He could refine me and show me I had a voice.
There is always a message in our messes. The journey is the beautiful part of it all.
So… while I LOVE fitness, nutrition, make up, fashion, hair, home decor and all things girly -everything does not come easy to me. I have to work hard at it!
Go buy ‘The Magic of Thinking Big’ on Amazon. You will NOT regret it!
If you need someone in your corner – I’m that girl. I’d love to hear more about you 🙂
Thank you for your support here and on social media. I truly appreciate the community that has grown around and with me…
Have a wonderful night!
Feb 11 2016
Shakeology – The Convenience Factor!
When I used to go on “diets” I, for some strange reason, gravitated towards tuna. In my mind it was one of my diet foods lol! Don’t even know where I got that idea and sure, tuna is fantastic in small amounts but not when you’re within 5 feet of any human…..mint please!! ??? Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with tuna, but it is mainly just a protein, with a few other benefits. But it was a “go-to”! Well, time teaches you lots of things and when the oh so wonderful Shakeology came into my life, I knew I was finally making a lifestyle change.
I no longer “diet” (thank God) but I do pay attention to what I put in my mouth. I read labels and stick to whole foods 80% of the time. My favorite thing about my Shakeology is that I can drink it in between spa clients, it keeps my tummy trim and I don’t smell like a fishery haha. I could have really used Shakeology when I was working at Nordstrom. I would be have days where I there was no possible way I was going to take a bite of anything. But having a healthy superfood shake…..would’ve been perfect.
Another huge convenience is with having kids! This superfood shake isn’t only good for adults….it is great for the kids as well. Since we have Vegan Shakeology, it really is a fool proof way to get them a daily dose of vitamins in a few short minutes. Then, they usually drink it while we are heading to an appointment or what not! So easy! I used to fool myself too. I would tell myself, “I’m giving my kids a totally balanced meal…everyday….”, ya right! There are so many times where in the busyness of life, the meals aren’t balanced. This allows me to pack in 70 different superfoods into my kiddos without them batting an eye, or complaining one bit. The Shakeology ingredients are no joke! See for yourself, take a look at them here! Oh and it is gluten-free. I always like to remind people of this.
My flavor of the day is vegan strawberry Shakeology with power greens, frozen blueberries, water and ice! Blend and go!! #366ers
Feb 01 2016
The Girl with no Goals
The girl in the before picture never made goals, felt self-conscience ALL the time, and had no idea how she was going to teach her kids about not giving up-because that’s all she knew how to do. She wasn’t in a place of need or guidance from God because she balanced it all on her own shoulders. She stayed in her comfort zone. Goals weren’t even in her thoughts. She ate her emotions and hid her true feelings from just about everyone. This was 9 years ago.
Fast forward 6 years and there was an opportunity placed in front of her. She watched as others shared their stories of where they came from and what they had accomplished. The goals they had made and accomplished. She wondered, why not me? Why couldn’t she earn extra money and make my own hours, actually make goals and hit them?
Working at Nordstrom’s left me wanting to not give up the niceties of life. Hello fashion, shoes and cosmetics!! Being able to support the family using the talents God gave me would be a win/win, right? Being healthy in mind, body and spirit for a career seemed pretty legit. To have something that fit in the cracks of my mommy-life and build on itself seemed too good to be true. I didn’t have all the health answers but I knew what was working for me and loved encouraging people. To have something that would teach me to step out, learn to fail and get back up and would continually build my character. Here’s more of my full story!
The Girl with Goals…..and Hitting Them!
Fast forward to present day. I’ve been able to use the gifts God has given me. I actually have made goals and hit them!! To invite others to join me in having more energy for their families. To stay home with the kiddos and work in my Juicy Couture sweats. To be challenged daily and fight the good fight of life and NEVER give up.
Maybe you don’t have kids yet but you want to make a career out of something that keeps you accountable to your own health goals? Maybe you’re a mommy but want something on the side for yourself? Or perhaps you want to grow a business at your own pace for when the kiddos are in school full time or off to college? Maybe you want to switch careers to something more meaningful than what you’re currently doing.
As I look at how much I’ve learned and grown, I can’t keep this to myself. I set goals, hit them and now help others do the same. Coaching has given this worker-bee girl a sense of pride and purpose. It allows us as a family to give more and be together lots. No more punching time-clocks for me. Only freedom to pay it forward and teach others how to share their stories. Message me to join our group next week to learn more….let’s hit some goals! ??
My Wife’s Weight Loss Transformation! Before and After using Turbofire! A Woman’s Motivational Journey!
Watch the video!! I am super proud of my wife!! She has really done an amazing job transforming herself after having our two kids!
If you would be interested in joining our team let her know!! Send her a message on Facebook: fb.com/stacy.rody
Or check out our website at stacyrody.com and see what Turbofire is all about!!
Jun 03 2014
21 Day Fix – A really short journey!!
It only takes 21 days!! You have containers to measure your food, workouts that you do daily and all you have to do is some prep and actually workout. Oh, and the workouts are only 30 minutes long. It is not hard, it just takes a bit of discipline and it will get you in shape!!
I won’t lie….I was skeptical. Beachbody was using a new trainer, Autumn Calabrese, with a lot of hype saying this really worked. I had done a cleanse through Beachbody, called The Ultimate Reset back in June of 2012. I lost some weight during that, but I also lost muscle because I wasn’t working out….it was a cleanse, but it was also 21 days. But, Stacy, my wife, wanted me to do it. So what the hey…….I decided to do it!