Oct 17 2016
My Favorite Pumpkin Muffins
Let’s talk about all the reasons we love pumpkin. It’s a clean, natural, low-calorie ingredient that can be used in both savory and sweet dishes. These pumpkin muffins are surprisingly a healthy treat!!!
Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
2 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1½ cups almond flour
¾ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare nine muffin cups by lining with muffin tin liners or coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
7. Spoon batter into each prepared muffin cup, filling a little less than ½ full.
8. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp. cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Evenly fill muffin cups ¾ full with remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle muffins evenly with pumpkin seeds.
10. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Transfer pumpkin muffins to rack; cool.
You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered almonds in food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
If you can’t find almond flour in your store, you can look at club stores or online.
Let me know when you try these delicious pumpkin muffins. They are a family favorite! They will fill you up, so are perfect for breakfast or a quick healthy snack!
(Courtesy of Beachbody Blog)
Oct 13 2016
💓Blueberry Protein Muffins Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Need a quick easy breakfast idea? Want to make sure it is as healthy as possible and anyone in the family can have them? This little blueberry protein muffins are loved by everyone in our home. If you need a quick fix in the morning or throughout the day, these have worked well for me!
Blueberry Protein Muffins Recipe:
1 can pumpkin
3 ripe bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
3 Tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp honey
Spray muffin papers and preheat oven to 350°. Mix everything and add blueberries and walnuts last. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. They freeze well and the kids LOVE them. See more on my Instagram stories today only. (Click my profile picture) 🙂 @stacyrody Enjoy!!!
Do you like baking this time of year as much as we do? These blueberry protein muffins will definitely make you want to bake!! Let me know what you think of them!