Jan 07 2016
A Healthy Meal that Really is Healthy!
Having a healthy meal, that is a “go-to”, that the whole family loves, is hard to come by. Healthy meal plans are a labor of love. This journey is never ending and that means being on the lookout or experimenting should always be in the cards, to find a new healthy meal. The BEST meal we’ve been having lately.
Here’s my husband talking about his favorite dish that he came up with!!
Healthy Meal Recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons of Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil. (This is the best coconut oil we have found.)
- Melt coconut oil down, turn heat to medium or medium low. (Otherwise you will be doused by hot coconut oil when you add the next items!)
- Add 8 cups of kale, mix and make sure the coconut oil is evenly mixed up, stir every 30 seconds or so for about 3 minutes.
- Add some Himalayan Salt, amount is up to you!
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Sriracha or other flavor you want to add.
- At this point vegetables should be braised down and really soft.
- Add 4-6 organic eggs or 3 eggs and egg whites. Matt adds 1.25 cups of egg whites for more protein and less fat. (The jury is out if it is really that bad to eat whole eggs. Very debatable.)
- Turn up heat a bit, mix and brown as much as desired.
The oil makes the kale leaves crunchy? #yum
We buy Safeway’s organic pre-washed and cut kale. It has stems in it still but they get soft in the cooking process. We eat this healthy meal once a day and it kind of depends on the day if it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Jan 07 2016
Cute Makeup Ideas
When you cry your eyes out the night before your 5 year old goes to Kindergarten, the eyes get a bit puffy? and it’s time for cute makeup ideas! To combat that puffiness, matte medium -dark eye shadow helps a ton. I like dark brown for blue eyes and dark grey for brown eyes.
After drop off, I went immediately to Target to buy something I didn’t need. I also made my bed because somehow that makes me feel better heehee. For more makeup ideas go check this post I wrote awhile back about primer and foundation!