Nov 25 2015
Turkey Chili Recipe
When the wind starts blowing, the weather turns grey and the rain starts pattering outside it is time to bring out my turkey chili recipe! ? ?☔??☁ It is easy for me to start packing on the pounds at this time of year, so having the right food in my refrigerator is so important. You can throw so many different nutrient rich ingredients into turkey chili. It also fills you up for a long time and my kids eat it, which is a major bonus!
Since it’s a busy day with kiddos and friends, a turkey chili recipe fits the bill for dinner! This turkey chili recipe is from the Fix Extreme cookbook and is delish! I love having a cookbook with so many healthy choices.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 med green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans black or pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes ( I like Muir Glen brand)
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs as garnish
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add turkey, onion, pepper, and garlic to cook.
- Once browned, add spices and stir for one minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and for an extra ❤red container, top with Greek yogurt. Yum!
What are you eating tonight?
So, as you get prepared for the holidays and are looking to have a great leftover in the refrigerator, this turkey chili recipe is a great option. Let me know what you think when you try it out. And feel free to add any other items you want, as long as they are healthy! One last thing, if you have any homemade turkey chili recipe, that you love, feel free to share!?