Mar 28 2015
Celebrations the Healthy Way
Grad parties, BBQ’s, Father’s Day, they take work to enjoy these celebrations the healthy way. Summer is in full effect and the hard part for me is, the busyness can hurt our progress if we let it. I mean seriously, when you get somewhere and all your food choices are empty carbs, chips and maybe some greasy meat. What do you do?
Well, as I’m learning in business and in my health..planning is key. Never leave much to chance when it comes to your nutrition or fitness or you’ll look back and wonder how 2 months has passed and you’ve gained more than you thought possible in a short time.
Here are my tricks:
- Drink plenty of water early in the day. I shoot for 3 liters a day and one of those before 10 am.
- Always have food before you go somewhere. That way you’re not starving and eating whatever you feel like.
- For every drink or cup of coffee, drink two glasses of water to compensate.
- Get your quick greens in for the day by blending a couple handfuls in your daily smoothie. You can’t even taste it.
- Have a little bit of something if you just can’t resist and really enjoy it. Life is too short to be perfect all the time;)
Last but the most important to me personally!!! Enjoy the company more than you enjoy the food. By this I mean, by tweaking your brain to focus on the conversation and not the food you’ll quickly realize it’s not that special anyway.
Hope this helps and have a fun weekend, enjoy your celebrations the healthy way!